The Aydelott-Rosenberger House was built circa 1868 by George Aydelott who moved to Jefferson County with his family from Brandenburg, KY. (Although no kinship has been established, George and Mary Aydelott must have been acquainted with the Moremen family who moved to their farm at neighboring Riverside from Brandenburg, KY just a few short years before the Aydelott family.) George Aydelott died in 1890. The property was sold by his family in 1891. After changing ownership over the years, the house was purchased by the Rosenberger family in the 1930s.
In 1997, Jefferson County Fiscal Court purchased the house and 22 acres from Rosenberger descendants and added it to Riverside, the Farnsley-Moremen Landing. The entire 300-acre site— which includes the Farnsley-Moremen House and the Aydelott-Rosenberger House—was designated a Jefferson County Historic Landmark District in 1998.